In view of Covid 19 Pandemic, all students are hereby informed that the Central Library has decided the following norms on, how to return their issued book(s) in the Library to get the Library clearance. Therefore, students are requested to complete the following process so that they can get ‘Library Clearance’ through Institute’s ERP.
- All students must apply for dues clearance through ERP. Central Library will check their Library users’ account for fine and pending books, if any. Subsequently, dues will be uploaded in ERP and students must pay the required dues online. Finally, Library Clearance will be issued through ERP.
- If any student has issued book(s) from the Central Library, they can return their books to the Librarian, Central Library, IIT Kharagpur – 721302 either personally or through authorised person or through Speed post or Courier from 10.00 AM to 5:00 PM except, Institute lockdown period/Institute holidays and Saturdays and Sundays.
- In case, the student lost their books and not able to return the book, he/ she is requested to send books details (i.e Accession Number, Title and Author) to email@example.com. The cost recovery of the book(s) will be calculated by the Library as per rule and raise a demand for payment and uploaded in ERP so that students can pay their dues online.
- The amount of Library Fine will be calculated and updated in ERP, after waiving the amount for the period for which students are away from the campus due to Covid situation, as per institute rule.
- Students will have to pay all necessary dues like, cost recovery fees of lost books, and Library dues (if any), uploaded by Central Library in ERP. Students can pay online through ERP by using the link “Payment” option > 8. Central Library Due in order to get No-Dues in ERP.
* If require any further information please contact:
Mr. P.T.N. Rao
Assistant Library Information Officer
Circulation Section, Central Library, IIT KGP