Environmental Policy in Search of New Instruments
Environmental policy is undergoing a dramatic transformation. The problems connected with global change, the need for preventative action, and the growing importance of non-source pollution call for new courses of action and new institutional arrangements. In this situation, it is fairly obvious tha...
Springer Netherlands : Imprint: Springer,
|Series:||Environment, Science and Society,
- 1. Introduction: The Globalization of Environmental Policy and the Search for New Instruments
- 2. A Classification of Instruments for Environmental Policy
- 3. The Political (Un)feasibility of Environmenal Economic Instruments
- 4. Arguments, Assumptions and the Choice of Policy Instruments. The Case of the Debate on the CO2/Energy Tax in the European. Community
- 5. Courts and Citizen Action
- 6. Addressing Uncertainty. Law, Policy and the Development of the Precautionary Principle
- 7. Policy Instruments, Public Deliberation and Evaluation Processes
- 8. Mediation as a Policy Instrument for Resolving Environmental Disputes. With Special Reference to Germany
- 9. New Institutional Arrangements for a New Generation of Environmental Policy Instruments: Intra- and Interpolicy-Cooperation.