Sex and the second-best city : sex and society in the Laws of Plato /
|Format:||Taylor Francis eBooks|
|Series:||Studies in classics (Routledge (Firm)) (Unnumbered)
|Online Access:||Click here to view.|
Table of Contents:
- ch. I. Modern theory, ancient 'sexuality'
- ch. II. The Laws in context
- ch. III. Educating magnesia : developmental psychology and sex role stereotyping
- ch. IV. ANAPEIA : a special definition for magnesia
- ch. V. Sex, the myth of the family and Plato's stepchildren
- ch. VI. A brave new femininity
- ch. VII. Magnesian moral hygiene : same-sex relations, pleasure and madness
- ch. VIII. General conclusions.